The ultimate goal of STREAM activities is to support the European efforts to address its water challenges and to reach the EU objectives on sustainable development and economic growth.
To achieve these objectives, water stakeholders (policy makers, research sector and business sector) should make better use of their available technologies and research.
STREAM intends to contribute to achieve the following results:
- A better overview of the state of the art of water research and technology
- A higher visibility of these results, leading to wider awareness among all stakeholders;
- A better integration of research and technologies at political and business level;
- An increased partecipation of SME’s in the water sector;
- An improved coordination and awareness among European water projects, making better use of existing knowledge and resources;
- Overall improved human capacities of the target groups reached by STREAM training and seminar activities.